Thursday, December 11, 2014

It is I – I am It

December 11 Thursday the Second Week
ISAIAH 41:13-20; MATTHEW 11:11-15
Click here for the complete text of today’s readings.





What are you waiting for in Advent?

For God to help you? Answer your prayers?

When God says, “Do not fear, I will help you,” he identifies himself: I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I. I the LORD, I the God of Israel will answer you, will not forsake you.”

God emphasizes relationship. More important than the fact he helps us is the fact he is our God. That he “holds our right hand.” That he is the God special to Israel. For God, “who” counts more than “what.” The relationship he has with us is more important than what he does for us.

Is it that way with you? Are you looking forward more to Christmas or to Christ? To enjoying “it” or to being with him?

Looking beyond Christmas: is your religion more about what you do or who you know?

Being a “Christian” is knowing Christ.

So what are you waiting for?

Jesus said, “I have called you friends, because I have made known to you everything I have heard from my Father” (John 15:15). Have you experienced that? Have you been listening to him?


Pray (all day):
“Jesus, you have called me your friend. Teach me to be one.”

Practice:
Form a friendship with Jesus -- the same way you do with anyone else.
Whatever you do or talk about with your friends, do that with Jesus.

Ask him how.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!