Monday, December 22, 2014

King of Hearts

December 22 Monday the Fourth Week
1SAMUEL 1:24-28; LUKE 1:46-56.
Click here for the complete text of today’s readings.





What are you waiting for?

The Jews were waiting for a Messiah-King who would make things right on earth. The Alleluia “O Antiphon” calls Jesus “O King and desire of all nations, the cornerstone of unity and peace.”

What do you expect of Jesus?

His contemporaries were disappointed, because his miracles misled them into assuming he would use divine power to stop all human suffering – (except their enemies’ suffering! We Christians still pray for that during wars!).

Jesus said, “The Kingdom is within you” (Luke: 17:21). He reigns in hearts. He brings unity and peace through hearts surrendered to him – if we let him act “with us, in us and through us.”

As he did through Mary, who said:

My spirit rejoices in God my Savior.
He has looked with favor on the lowliness of his servant…
The Mighty One has done great things for me.

And in me. And through me. And will do more if I let him.

Jesus uses divine power to do divine things through humans surrendered to him. In faith. In hope. In love.

So what are you waiting for? He will “help his servant, according to the promise he made to our ancestors,” to Mary, and to all who are “sons and daughters in her Son.”


Pray constantly: 
Lord, do this with me, in me, through me.”


Practice: 
Begin every change you want to make by changing yourself first. 
Believe. Trust. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!