Saturday, May 3, 2014

Be Christ

May 3 Saints Philip and James (Saturday of the 2nd week of Easter:) 
A thought for those who want to bear prophetic witness through lifestyle

1 Corinthians 15:1-8; Psalm 19:2-3,4-5; John 14:6-14   

The readings are all about Jesus appearing and being seen. And recognized through his works.

When Jesus says, “Whoever believes in me will do the works that I do,” it follows that Jesus himself should be recognized and seen in anyone who believes in him.

We cannot do the works of Jesus unless Jesus is doing them in us. “I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing” (John 15:5). So if we really believe, and live out what we believe, whoever sees us is seeing Jesus.

According to our faith, every Christian can and must say what Paul said: “It is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me” (Galatians 2:20). That won’t be visible, however, unless it is also visible that we “have been crucified with Christ.”

To be “crucified with Christ” means that in the goals, attitudes, values and priorities we choose for ourselves, we have “died to this world.” Because we have been “raised with Christ,” we “seek the things that are above, where Christ is” (Colossians 2:20; 3:1). Visibly. In our lifestyle.

Then we are proof Jesus lives. Those who see us will see the risen Jesus.


PRAY: Lord, let your message go out through me to all the earth.


PRACTICE: Be what you are. Consciously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!