Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Be Christ

May 13 Tuesday of the 4th week of Easter: A thought for those who want to reveal the risen Jesus in their lifestyle.
Acts 11:19-28; Psalm 87:1-3,4-5,6-7; John 10:22-32


“My Father… has given them to me.” Acts 11:12

People only listen to prophets because they believe Jesus is speaking in them. “My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me.”

Prophets only dare to speak because they believe the Father has given them to Jesus. “My Father… has given them to me... The Father and I are one.”

It is all about Jesus: being his body on earth, following his Spirit, asking him to act with us, in us and through us in everything we do.

“Lord, let me think with your thoughts, speak with your words, and act as your body on earth.”

This is what it is to be a prophet. It is the vocation of every Christian anointed at Baptism with the words, “As Christ was anointed Priest, Prophet and King, so live as a member of his body.” We are all “prophets in the Prophet,” anointed to continue his mission.

The persecuted Christians who fled from Jerusalem were laity, not ordained priests. But they were “preaching the word” and “proclaiming the Lord Jesus” to Jews and Greeks. And “the hand of the Lord was with them and a great number who believed turned to the Lord.”

We are all prophets— sent to proclaim Jesus.

PRAY: “Lord, let me think with your thoughts and speak with your words, and act as your body on earth.”


PRACTICE: Try to make everything you say and do proclaim in some way the Good News.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments!